Saturday, June 5, 2010

Giving blogging another chance.

Hey Everybody. I haven't blogged in awhile. I used to blog on myspace, and at one point or another I was also on Xanga and Livejournal. So, I'm blogging now because one of my co-workers (Jack Briggs) said he would read one of my blogs so he could see what's going on in my mind and whatnot. So what does Kris Jaus think about? What goes on in one of the most interesting mind in the world? Well it's definitely an interesting journey full of self-contradictions, fun, tragedy, heart-breaks, and memorable experiences. I guess this blog will just talk about where I am in life, some of my goals, and what's going on with me right now.
I work at Starbucks in the UTC Mall which is in La Jolla. I've been there for three years. Let me just say that being a barista at a high volume store is definitely not my cup of tea (or coffee). I cannot stand being there. I don't like the customers that come in and act as if their cup of coffee is the most important thing in the world. Customers seriously act like their beverage is more important than the feelings of the people on the other side of the counter. I might not like all of my co-workers that much, but they are real human beings with real stories and feelings. Three years is a long time to work for a company. I did three years at Starbucks, but that was following 4 years at "The Body Shop", which was truly a nightmare. I am so glad I'm not in that place anymore. It was run piss-poorly by managers and district managers who didn't know sh*t about taking care of their employees. So, now that I've filled you in on what I've done, I'll tell you what I want to do.
I want to perform. For the longest time I wanted to be a professional wrestler for the WWE. I wanted to go in front of audiences everyday doing stunts in the ring and off of ladders and using all of my energy for the purpose of entertaining the millions of WWE fans in the world. Well, I never became big enough to be a professional wrestler. But my love of being in front of people hasn't diminished at all. I want to be on Broadway. Well actually I'd like to be in a touring production of a Broadway show so that I can see the country while doing what I love. I want to be on the stage and sing my heart out for the people who are fortunate enough to see shows regularly and for the people who have to scrimp and save and see one show a year. But it's more than just singing. I want to be famous. There's so many people that want to be famous. I'd like to make money so I can support a family and live the lifestyle that I want and give my kids everything they need and could want. I'd like to afford a house where me and my wife could make each room themed like a different land at Disneyland. I want to be famous to the point where people will recognize me and ask for my autograph while I'm at Disneyland. I want people to want a picture with me. That part of it is for me and my ever-changing self-esteem issues. The other part of me that wants to be famous is to share my successes. When I've seen shows on stage, I've seen people who LOVE what they're doing. They're giving people a night out and giving people a break from what they do. When I saw The Little Mermaid on Broadway, I saw a character on stage named Flotsam. Just a sidekick eel to the main villainess in the musical. But the person who played him (Tyler Maynard) had absolutely one of the best voices I'd ever heard. He is one of my singing heroes. Him and Frankie Valli. No joke, just seeing that show gave me a new lifetime goal of playing a sidekick role and just to sing a song called "Sweet Child". I want to be Flotsam. And if I get there one day, I want to share my success with everybody. I want to let them know how thankful I am they came to see me. I want people to be able to talk to me after the show and tell me their goals. If somebody was able to one day come up to me after a show, and tell me they loved my character, or loved me or my voice, or even if they said that they loved Ariel, but me and Ursula and Jetsam scared their kids...I'll know that I made it. If I can bring not only my family happiness, but countless other families happiness at the same time (while maybe signing some autographs and taking pictures), I'll truly feel happy.
I can tell already it's going to be a long road to get there. Sometimes it might be too hard for me. But, I guess that's life. Maybe I'll never reach that goal. But it IS a goal and will always be there for me to try for.
-HBK

No comments:

Post a Comment