Hey everybody. So I realize that I didn't do a blog for the entire month of October. There's many reasons to that. It really just depends on the day. Some days I didn't write because of my procrastination. Other days it was because I was up at Disneyland having fun or out seeing shows, or prepping for an audition. But now I'll fill you in on the last month of my life, what's been going on with me and how I feel about things happening right now.
So, for starters, October was actually a pretty fun month. One of the more fun things I did was Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland. What that is, is Disneyland's exclusive trick-or-treating Halloween extravaganza. What happens is they close the park early and you go around the park with a bag they provide you (in our case, 2) and collect candy. Danielle and I made sure to stay in spirit and say Trick or Treat at each candy station. And we dressed up as pirates! I haven't dressed up in years. The last time I did though, I was also a pirate. Seems to be an easy costume. Not to mention I hear on a regular basis, somebody saying something pirate related to me because of my bandanas. Mickey's Halloween Party was worth the money, although be warned; it is expensive. They have special Halloween fireworks which are honestly some of the coolest fireworks that Disney has ever done and they also have a parade. I've seen stuff on TV and it really looks like they put all the parade efforts into Disney World's Halloween Party and not Disneyland's. I was disappointed in the parade to say the least. But still, I plan on going again yearly. Who wants to dress up as Glee kids with me next year?
I saw the Beauty and the Beast musical for the very first time in October. That now completes my list to see Disney's 4 big musicals. Mary Poppins, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid. The Beauty and the Beast production was definitely a good show. Lumiere and Gaston were easily my favorite. For those of you who have never heard me sing like Gaston...well let's just say being on Broadway as Gaston would literally be a perfect role for me...if I had bigger arms. However there were definitely some flaws in this production. First of all, Belle wasn't very pretty. I was surprised seeing as she in my opinion is one of the prettiest Disney Princesses. Secondly, they decided to use non-union musicians. They're not really professionals and it showed in the show. The french horns were pretty rough and the violin messed up a violin featured part in the title song. I was embarassed for them and I wouldn't be surprised if that violinist wasn't invited back the next night. But like any Disney show, I'd really suggest that you go see it if you haven't! Thank you to Stan, and my parents for taking me to see that show twice :)
In sadder news, my friend Jack doesn't work for Starbucks anymore. That's a long story and it even involved me a little bit. But if you'd like to hear why he doesn't work for the company anymore you'd have to ask him. But literally, he was my favorite co-worker ever since Lee Kraus left me. And the reason Jack isn't around anymore is absolute bullsh*t in my opinion. I still hear from him most days of the week but it's just not the same opening with people who aren't actually my friends. I wish him the best of luck in all of his future endeavors.
Also this month I had an audition! I didn't get callbacks...major bummer, but at least I'm out there auditioning and trying to get out of Starbucks. I auditioned for the Disney Cruise Line with a song called "Stars" from Les Miserables. I honestly think I did a great job. It just wasn't quite the vocal range they needed for the role they were filling. But hey, maybe my next audition will be the one. Please say prayers or think good thoughts or whatever you do that will get me on the road to Broadway and out of hell known as Starbucks. I need to get to sleep. I tried to sleep already and couldn't. So now I'm trying again. Feel free to comment.
-HBK
Monday, November 8, 2010
October in Review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment