Monday, April 11, 2011
Being a kid
So this is a blog just to think of those times in life with a lot less responsibility and a lot more fun. Dianna Agron (Quinn from Glee) posted a blog on what she used to do as a kid and it was really cute. So now I'm doing the same. When I was a kid my sister was my best friend and somebody I looked up to. She was also my biggest competition and worst enemy. Some of the things we would do together would play pretend. We always pretended I was a penguin (I've always liked penguins). We even looked up the layout of Antarctica and decided I'd be from Shackleton which is a real place down there. Another fun memory with my sis is something I thought of today was one time when we were little, we went to Submarina 2 and my sister stuck her tongue out at me with food on it and I stuck my tongue out at her and my parents caught me. I couldn't convince them my sister did it first and she was a good enough liar that she got away with it and played it cool. So I got SO frustrated I started crying. Haha...I guess I was always a cryer. We also were in 2 plays when we were younger. We were in Snow White and we were in Aladdin. Both were the Disney verision. Well my sister and I hated the director so we actually would pretend to be her while we were at home and the other one (usually my sister) would "mug" Zena (the teacher). So I'd be Zena and my sis would beat the crap out of me with a cardboard tube for wrapping paper. Good times. Haha. On my street, I used to play everything from WWE Wrestlers, to Power Rangers, to Cowboys and everything in between. I was always the Green Ranger. I mean, really, there is no better Power Ranger than Tommy. Funny enough, before I cut my hair, I was at Disney California Adventure, somebody came up to me and thought I was the guy that played the Green Ranger. Pretty awesome! My next door neighbor, my sister and I even had a club. It was called the "We Hate Sarah Club". We made everybody feel welcome except for the person on our street we liked the least. Poor kid. Haha. Around church my sister and I and our cousins John and Carrie Fipps would run around doing relay races and caused general mischief. One time John, My sis and I with another girl named Nancy took a bunch of snails and put them in the church freezer to see if they'd freeze. Well they don't and there were snails ALL over the church freezer. It was pretty gross. And how many of you remember The Little Mermaid coming out? My niece nowadays is all about Tangled. But when The Little Mermaid came out, it changed Disney and it changed music. As long as I've been alive, Disney music is something close to me. But in my opinion there are no better songs in the entire world than the ones from The Little Mermaid. My sis and I bought all of The Little Mermaid stuff that they sold. Dolls, mugs, flip-books. Good times. Nowadays I've still found I'm not really an adult. I can't do it. I should do it but I can't. I just have too much fun being a kid. There's no reason I can see where I would want to look at the world with adult eyes. I still like learning, and finding out life secrets, making fun memories and seeing the world as a mostly good place where anything can happen and people's dreams can truly become reality. Every once in awhile I get very jaded from being at work. I become bitter and angry that I'm not where I want to be. But I can always watch a Disney movie or have a Disneyland adventure to get my mind right where it should be. As most of you know, I'm allergic to alcohol and have never done any sort of illegal drug. I really don't believe in drugs. I don't know if most of you know that. I don't really try to stop my friends from doing what they want to do, but I'll never encourage drug use. I think the mind is interesting enough without anything to alter it. As long as I know how to find the fun in the world without any substances, I'll never need any of those things. The only substance I need is a sober mind with some Disney fun -HBK
Labels:
Anti-Drugs,
Children,
Cowboys,
Dianna Agron,
Disney,
Fun,
Glee,
John Fipps,
Kids,
Power Rangers,
Princess Kim,
Quinn,
The Little Mermaid,
WWE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello again, friend. We are like-minded and have kindred spirits with regard to this post. I think it's important to stay true to yourself and celebrate your uniqueness. I've been wondering myself why most adults never talk about their childhoods. It's good to remember those good times and fond memories of just being a kid who looks at the world with awe and wonder. Disney brings that back for me too, it's magical and makes you believe in possibilities and reminds you of that childlike faith and innocence. I'm glad you have those great memories with your sister to bring you warmth :) Hope things are well with you :)
ReplyDelete