Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'm in AZ now!

Hey Kristamaniacs! It's been awhile. But I figured I would write a blog since Danielle did. She was talking about how much I have to write about since so much has happened since I wrote back in April 2011. I guess the biggest new thing since my last writing is that I live in Arizona now and I am going to school! Yes, you heard right! Kris Jaus is going to school again for the first time in years. I really moved out here to be with Danielle. She's going to hopefully be starting at ASU soon and we really didn't want to do long distance during the time it takes her to get her teaching degree. So I quit my job at Starbucks (hell yes) and I moved to Arizona in August. Not only did I quit an awful job that was going nowhere, but I also decided to do something productive with my life. I enrolled at Glendale Community College and now I'm majoring in theatre! I'm actually working for the goals I have for myself. I'm determined that I will be in a touring Broadway production. For a long time I've wanted to see the country and sing at the same time and I know I would get the most enjoyment out of doing it this way. I just had my midterms at my second semester of college. I got straight A's first semester and I'm trying really hard to do it again. I've taken a lot of general ed. classes, and a handful of theatre/acting classes.
I've enjoyed school a lot more than I thought I would. I don't really like the campus, but I like the few friends I've made in acting class and I like that I feel like I'm doing something with my life again. It's a nice feeling to be working towards goals. Speaking of goals, I'd like to be in at least one musical while I'm out here in Arizona. Funny story: I auditioned for the musical at my school (which I've gathered does TERRIBLE productions), and I nailed the audition. I sang "Me" from Beauty and the Beast the musical. Awesome. I got a callback and everything. Then, I didn't get cast. However one of my friends got cast and he doesn't sing. Actually he's a pretty good, entertaining actor. But really? You're casting musicals with people who can't sing? Not only that, you're giving him 5 roles?! What in the blue hell is that Glendale Community College? Stupid. Feel free to agree with me. I was once in a show that cast people who couldn't sing s the lead(Grease), and it was the most awful production ever. I was ashamed to be a part of it. It was truly just a joke. I wish them the best of luck with their show, but I don't expect much. A**hole director...
Living here isn't as bad as I thought! Like I said, I made a few friends in acting class, I get to hang out with Danielle all the time, and the weather is nice so far. Especially now. It's Spring Training for Major League Baseball and my home team (San Diego Padres) play about 2 miles away. I went to one game already. I hope I can make it to a lot more.
I guess that's it for now, but I will be trying to blog more. I have a Walt Disney World trip, family drama, and a handful of other things that I'd love to share with whoever reads these :)
-HBK

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Arizona not being as bad as you thought it would be! :D

    ReplyDelete