So I'm going to try to do at least one blog post a month. I'm sure this won't happen, but maybe it will. Maybe 12 (or more times) this year you will get to see what's going on in my head and know just a little bit about my life. If you're reading this, I probably consider you a friend and hope that you enjoy reading about my life.
So I'll start with one of the biggest changes. Danielle's dog, Phoebe, passed away on January 4th. She was 13 years old. I really have never met a better dog in my life. And that's not an exaggeration. Phoebe really was a dream dog. I met her in 2009 & ever since then, she always seemed to be really happy to see me. Maybe it's because I gave her more cookies than anybody, or maybe it's how much I enjoyed playing fetch with her. She was so good at bringing the ball back, & we really just enjoyed playing that simple game together. I liked making her happy & she did the same for me. When I'd get home from school, or softball, or work, more than likely, she would be found sleeping on the floor in our room and then when she'd hear me, she'd perk up and make sure I felt welcome at home. One of my favorite memories was as Phoebe got older, she couldn't jump on the bed because it was too high. One day she forgot & she tried and she pretty much parkoured off of the bed. It was so cute & funny to watch. Danielle & I laughed really hard. Another memory I have the I'll always cherish is when Danielle & I went to Heber with Phoebe. We stayed in Danielle's grandpa's cabin and we just got to pretend we were our own little family. We took Phoebe on a walk around the little cabin neighborhood, and on our last day there we took Phoebe on a hike. I didn't know it was going to be her last hike, and that's one of the reasons it's so special to me. We hiked this mountain area. Phoebe being an old buddy got tired, so we got to a rim where we could see a large canyon and we stopped. Obviously she was thirsty, so Danielle poured some of her water in my hands & Phoebe was drinking from my hands. I don't know why, but it was something I'll never forget. It made me so happy to have our little buddy drinking from my hands and me able to give her some pleasure in return for all of the pleasure she gave me. The week Phoebe died, she was in really bad shape. Her heart was giving out and she could barely catch her breath. Danielle and I had gone to San Diego an Danielle's mother had told us that Phoebe really wasn't doing well. I honestly wasn't sure if I was ever going to get to see her alive again. When we got home, Phoebe was barely holding on. But she waited for us. We got home and gave her all the love we could but it wasn't enough to save her. We held her by the Christmas tree and just pretended that it was Christmas one last time (Phoebe's favorite holiday). That night I said goodnight to Phoebe and I put her on the bed, laying between my legs where she has slept since I lived in Arizona. I gave her one last goodnight kiss & just kinda knew I might never get to see her alive again. I woke up about 6 in the morning and couldn't sleep. I woke up Danielle and told her I couldn't hear Phoebe's breathing, and that was it. Danielle woke up and it was true. Our little best friend went in her sleep. I'm so thankful for all the time I got to spend with that wonderful dog. I know I'll see her in heaven one day, just waiting and happy and active as she was the day that I met her. As Disney Channel star Audrey Whitby told me, dogs go to heaven because of all the pleasure they gave to us on earth. Phoebe is up there having a great time.
In other news, this is going to be one of my hardest semesters ever. I am taking some pretty difficult classes and I'm really not looking forward to it. My 4.0 is already out the window with last semester. This semester includes Modern Drama, Intro to Technical Theatre, Tap (Dance) 1, Acting 2, Geological Disasters and Contemporary Women Authors. I'm most looking forward to tap. Dancing is something I've never really tried. And tap dancing just looks so cool. I've always seen musicals from Singin' In The Rain, to The Book of Mormon and always wished I could tap like they do. Well since I plan on a career in musical theatre, a tap class is certainly going to be good for me. The class I'm looking forward to the least is Acting 2. I've never been a fan of the teacher. Even before I worked with him in Rashomon last semester, I've not really seen eye to eye with him. I guess some of that comes from a musical that I auditioned for him that I still believe I should've been cast in. We'll see how this semester goes, but I have hard time being positive about this class. Who knows, maybe he is different as a teacher.
I'm REALLY ready for some big change. Right now I am working at a job as a barista. You know, like Starbucks, but it's a much cooler place called Cabin Coffee. My coworkers are really cool and the customers are actually really cool. The part that bugs me is that I've already been a barista for 4 years. I need something new. I know that it's rare for a job comes along that is exactly what you want. I mean, that's what I'm going to school for. But I really wish that some job would come along that is in the field of what I wanna do. I want to learn stuff about musicals and I want to be moving forward in my life. Although school is a good step, my job makes me feel like I'm not going anywhere. Anyways, I guess that's it for now. Lemme know what ya'll think
-HBK
Sunday, January 20, 2013
A Loss, A Challenge and Moving Forward
Labels:
Acting,
Audrey Whitby,
Barista,
Boston Terrier,
Disney Channel,
Kris Jaus,
Phoebe,
Tap Dance,
Theatre Major
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment